Our Outstanding Teaching and Learning Program
"When educating the minds of our youth, we must not forget to educate their hearts."
- Dalai Lama
Educating the whole child and providing opportunities for service, social and emotional growth, extra-curricular and co-curricular opportunities and spiritual growth are at the forefront of what makes us Trinity. Our Teaching and Learning Program, from Prep all the way through to Grade 12, is world-recognised and goes way beyond the mere delivery and absorbing of facts.
Statements in Practice at the College
Goal 1: Australian schooling promotes equity and excellence.
- We are a proudly non-selective school in terms of enrolment opportunities.
- The Personalised Pathways we offer are unique to Trinity and we offer multiple pathways to ensure that we provide for the needs of all our students.
- We offer Velocitas Extension programs across academics, sports and performing arts.
- We have a strong Learning Enhancement department and program to cater for the needs of students who experience learning difficulties in fundamental areas of learning.
- We have a vibrant Languages department, providing foreign language learning, overseas study tours to Japan, China, India and Germany and hosting of students from Germany, India, China, Korea and Japan, so as to help the students to develop a global outlook and celebrate diversity – globally connected community.
Goal 2: All young Australians become successful learners, confident and creative individuals, active and informed citizens.
- Academic and pastoral care sessions to enable our students to consolidate their literacy, numeracy and learning skills learned in core classes.
- Through our daily devotions, Christian studies, pastoral care and chapel services, we help students make sense of the world and connect to the wider world.
- Careers guidance is available to older students to assist them in finding a suitable career pathway after senior years.
- Our P – 12 Teaching and Learning framework, reiterates important skills such as communication, collaboration, reflection and diversity and focuses on service learning
Confident and creative individuals:
- We offer a wide range of curriculum, co-curricular and extra-curricular opportunities to cater to the diverse needs and talents of our students.
- Our performing arts, technology, innovative hub and STEAM programs help to develop a creative and innovative mindset and approach to learning in our students.
- Our extensive sporting program, Duke of Ed, Kokoda and outdoor education programs also help to develop their team work, resilience, confidence and self-esteem.
Active and informed citizens:
- Through our pastoral care, chapel, assembly programs our students develop a world view based on Christian values and morals, providing them with a strong moral compass.
- Through our service learning program, our students learn to be contributors to the society and be the voice of those whose voices are silent.